Daily Announcements in PDF
Daily Announcements Video
EJHS’s FUSFOO— Our digital presence! Fusfoo is a social media site for EJ, parents and students alike, where people can connect and share information not just at EJ, but with school districts nationwide.
- EJHS NHS’s SPRING FEST is fast approaching on March 25th, from 1-3 PM. Find more info here! Support Juniata County’s Salvation Army by bringing your children for a fun filled afternoon!
- The winners for the 2017 Pennsylvania American Legion Auxiliary 82nd Americanism Essay Contest have been announced. The essay’s title was “How does learning about government and our America help you become a future guardian of the liberties of our country?” The Class IV (9th and 10th grade) winners are: 1st place – Laney Swartz of Thompsontown, daughter of Terry and Liza Lebkicker, 2nd place – Leah Sheaffer of Richfield, daughter of Timothy and Diane Sheaffer, and 3rd place – Bralynn Clouser of McAlisterville, daughter of Brian and Dawn Clouser. The winners each received a certificate, and $25.00, $20.00, and $15.00, respectively. The Class V (11th and 12th grade) award went to Hannah Welfley, a student at Juniata High School.
Mrs. Nora Houser, a Social Studies teacher at East Juniata High School, gave the themed essay as an assignment to her Civics students last month. They had previously learned about our nation’s founding documents which proclaim our liberties, and then the students had to answer the question of how they personally would protect those liberties for those to come in the future.
Essays are judged by the Auxiliary on: 50 % content, 20 % English usage, 10 % originality, 10 % neatness, and 10 % spelling. Essays were judged by the local sponsoring Auxiliary unit in Mifflintown, and then will be sent to the Council Americanism Chairman, Department Sectional Vice-Chairman, and then to the Department Americanism Chairman for the final judging. Top essays will earn for first place $100.00, second place $50.00, and third place $25.00. National winners will be posted at www.ALAforVeterans.org at the start of September.
Susan Shelley, President of the American Legion Auxiliary Unit 298 of Juniata County presented the essay awards to the students.
Students will soon be able to take their Ipad home.
Forms with mandatory insurance fee information are being sent home on 2/20
Once fees and forms are collected, students can take them home Wed March 1
- Go HERE to view this year’s Track and Field package!
- Unable to make it to Financial Aid Night? Click here for the informational and resource-packed presentation!
- Necessary info regarding your Senior’s final year at EJHS!
The Senior Class Packet of 2017